Saturday, June 1, 2013

"Backlash" the book and writing.


In Oklahoma here the weather is turbulent and nasty. Still, I focus on writing. Baby geese are being born and Tornados are dropping like rocks, people hurt and destruction all over. I hope the best for all Okie’s. My book “Backlash” is getting slow but some attention. I have several others in progress I’m working on. One, “The Tarnished Gentleman” is about life in the trenches of World War 1. A soldier meets another that writing to an unknown girl back in France, and he falls in love with his friends love interest. It’s got a wicked twist on the ending.

 I’ve also jumped on the growing trend of the Vampire genre, working 2 books now that deals in Vampires. Another about a man from the year 2064 and goes through a black hole, winding up in present day time battling Zombies and creatures, caused by his mistakes from the future.

Really, I love writing a good story about true love and modern day struggles, but it seems those books just don’t sell and people have very little interest in those type of stories so, you have to write what people want or you’ll be a struggling writer accomplishing nothing your whole life.

Even now, I have impending offers to go back overseas and work in the danger zone. Not what I want to do anymore, but it seems the only way to make a living, as my writing gig just isn’t off the ground yet. To or not go to Iraq, it’s a battling question. I have a thought. My books are priced at 0.99 cents. Why? I want people to notice and become a fan of my writing. Pricing a book at $3.99 or more and get a few sales, or sell at $0.99 and sell a lot of books, my thoughts. Also at $0.99 most people don’t mind taking a chance, practically less than a can of soda, and hopefully I can climb the ranks on Amazon.
Backlash- a look into the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment